HS Dent Publishing respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Statement outlines our privacy practices for the www.HSDent.com website (“Website”) and the www.HarryDent.com website. Where HS Dent Publishing services are hosted on a partner site and this Privacy Statement is listed on that site, then this Privacy Statement also will apply.
We hold to high standards in protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement outlines
- Personal information this Website gathers about you
- Use and sharing of the personal information we gather
- Ways to opt out of future notifications
- Security procedures to protect your personal information
- How to correct or update your personal information
Direct any questions regarding this Privacy Statement to [email protected]. Use “Privacy Statement” as the subject line of your e-mail, and we will respond as promptly as possible.
HS Dent Publishing, LLC is operated out of 15016 Mountain Creek Trail, Frisco, TX 75035.
At HS Dent Publishing, we are sensitive to the privacy concerns of subscribers and visitors to our Website. We do not collect personal information from you unless you provide it. We do not provide or sell personal information about our customers or site visitors to vendors who are not involved with or affiliated with HS Dent Publishing products or services.
HS Dent Publishing has a network of Affiliates that offer our services. Even as we strive to provide our customers and visitors with the highest level of privacy possible, we require that our Affiliates extend the same level of protection offered by this Privacy Statement. Likewise, all Affiliates must meet the data protection requirements of relevant national laws.
Our Website contains links to other websites. HS Dent Publishing is not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or privacy statements of other websites not connected to the HS Dent Publishing websites, www.HSDent.com and www.HarryDent.com.
To report possible violations of this Privacy Statement, contact us at [email protected]. Use “Privacy Statement” as the subject line of your e-mail. We will respond as promptly as possible.
INFORMATION WE GATHER ABOUT YOU
You intentionally and explicitly provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information in two ways:
- Site Registration: We include email links throughout our Website so that you may contact us to ask questions, to request materials and information; to register, sign up for news, reports, site access, guides or seminars; and to provide comments and suggestions. Should you request it, one of our representatives may contact you personally to provide additional information about our products or services. To help satisfy your request, we may ask you for personal information, such as your name and telephone number.
- Purchase: We will request certain personal information from you if you sign up for one of our products or enroll in one of our services. This information could include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card number. We may require you to provide different or supplemental information in order to apply for certain other products or services we offer. For a detailed listing of the type of personal information requested for any given product, refer to the enrollment page for the particular product or service you desire.
We never collect or disseminate personal data from you about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sexual preferences/sex life.
Statistical Information About Your Visit
When you visit our Website, our computers may automatically collect statistics about your visit. These statistics do not identify you personally, but instead identify information about a visit to our Website. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our Website, which pages users visit, user IP addresses, and domains or browsers from which our visitors come. We use statistics from your visit for aggregation purposes only and to help improve the performance of the Website.
We use only temporary cookies, and in only the following instances.
- If you access our services online, our Web server may automatically send your browser a temporary cookie to help your browser navigate our Website. This temporary cookie contains a direction value that lets our software determine which page to show when you hit the back button in your browser, and it is erased when you close your browser window.
- If you come to our Website from an affiliated website, our Web server may send your browser a temporary cookie that reflects an origination code for that site, to be used for statistical and marketing purposes.
Forums, Bulletin Boards, and Chat Rooms
If you display or submit any personal information on a forum, bulletin board, chat room, or other chat tool on this Website, then others on these forums could read, collect, or use that information or could send you unsolicited messages. Please guard your online presence carefully. HS Dent Publishing cannot be responsible for any personally identifiable information you submit in these forums. Use these forums only in a manner consistent with the rules of engagement and other terms and conditions set forth on the relevant forum site.
Use of Personal Information We Gather
Any personal information we gather from you is used by HS Dent Publishing only as explained below.
- Responses and updates: We generally respond to any inquiries we receive, including questions submitted by e-mail, requests for product or service information, etc. We may retain our correspondence with you to improve our products, services, and Website, and for other purposes. We frequently retain contact information to send individuals updates and other important information about our services and products. Occasionally, third parties may send out these updates or other important information on our behalf. Any third party specifically authorized to contact you in this capacity has executed a confidentiality agreement with us that contains a provision ensuring the privacy and security of transferred information and that limits third party use of shared information related to sending updates or providing services on our behalf. Our subsidiary companies also may send you information about their services and products. When you have supplied your information in connection with a question or request for information about a product or service offered by an HS Dent Publishing business partner, we may also send the information you have supplied to the HS Dent Publishing business partners. Our business partners have agreed to ensure the privacy and security of any transferred information and may use the shared information only to send you information regarding products or services about which you asked or for which you registered.
- Support, renewal, and purchase of our products and services: We may use the personal information you submit to contact you to discuss support, renewal, and purchase of our products and services. We may provide our subsidiaries with your information so that they may send you information about their services and products. We may provide the information you have submitted to an HS Dent Publishing subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller (within or outside the United States) so that the subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller can contact you and facilitate the support, renewal, and purchase of HS Dent Publishing products and services. Any subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller who contacts you for one of these purposes has agreed to use the information we supply only in accordance with a confidentiality agreement. To find out the names and locations of the subsidiaries, business partners, and/or independent resellers to whom we have provided your information, please contact us at the address given at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure by Law and Protection of HS Dent Publishing and Others
Where we are required by law to disclose certain information to local, state, federal, national, or international government or law enforcement authorities, we will do so. We also will disclose information to third parties as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, HS Dent Publishing may share information in order to prevent, investigate, or take action with regard to illegal activities or suspected fraud, or to enforce or apply the agreements of HS Dent Publishing.
HS Dent Publishing may, for strategic or business reasons, decide to sell, buy, merge or reorganize businesses or business units in some countries, and pursuant to that may disclose personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or may receive it from sellers. HS Dent will seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
On occasion, we will request information from customers by survey. Customer participation in surveys administered by HS Dent Publishing employees or its affiliates is completely voluntary. Each customer may choose whether to disclose the information requested on the survey. We use survey information to improve the use of and satisfaction with this Website and to improve customer service and product offerings.
Your Ability To Opt Out of Further Notifications
On occasion, we will send our subscribers announcements or notifications of new products, upgrades, or updates. To opt out of notifications, contact us at [email protected].
To opt out of marketing communications from a subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller, contact that entity directly.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive from you. However, some risk is involved when transmitting personal information over the internet. To minimize this risk, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to encrypt all information you submit when ordering one of our products or services.
How To Update or Correct Your Personal Information
To update or correct your personal information in our records, email us at [email protected].
Privacy Policies and Data Collection at Third-Party Sites
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We reserve the right, at any time and without additional notice to you, to add to, change, update, or modify this Privacy Statement, by posting any such change, modification, or update on our Website. Any change, modification, or update will be effective immediately upon posting on our Website.
Toll free: (800) 697-1983, Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm Eastern
By e-mail: [email protected]